Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Notes from the Library Assessment Meeting on October 3rd

Once again, I have posted notes from our meeting with Marylou Boynton on my webpage. Please look them over and see if I missed anything. Notes from previous meetings are available via links at the top of the page.

I have posted PDF versions of the Information Literacy Survey (PDF) given in 2001 and the Bibliographic Instruction Learning Outcomes (PDF) document from 2000. You may also want to re-examine ACRL's Objectives for Information Literacy Instruction.

In terms of "actionable items" I think we need to revise the SRC form (they will start coming in quickly) and the faculty survey to be sent out. I will get drafts of these items up on the web as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

Kim Davies Hoffman said...

Bonnie,

Based on our group meeting with MaryLou, is she going to just focus on library instruction materials that refer to us all (INTD 105 and SRC's) or will she also be looking into all of the examples of student work that Sue Ann and I have?

Kim

Bonnie J. M. Swoger said...

I think we will be focusing on several different areas. Areas that everyone is involved in (SRC's, INTD 105) and areas that some are more involved than others (Kim's work with Ellen Kintz and Sue Ann's work with Emilye Crosby are just two examples).

The goal is to assess the instruction program from multiple angles including the one-shot library instruction (INTD 105 and others), individual instruction (SRC's), 'integrated' library instruction (Kintz, Crosby, Cleeton, others?), library courses (Kim and Sue Ann's INTD 101). I think we we also assess them in different ways including surveys, examining student work and faculty surveys.