Alright, I'm going to post to our almost-defunct blog and see if we can get it started again. For a while, I kind of took over with assessment stuff, but it seems as though there is a lot going on in reference and instruction and perhaps this could be of use.
I wanted to share an article I found that presents 5 methods of dealing with email overload. When I got back from my mini vacation, I had 71 email messages. I said "Eeek!" and started going through it, then this article came across my desk.
The methods include strategies from some well-known productivity books, including Getting Things Done, by David Allen, and The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss. One method advocates replying to everything in just a few sentences. Another encourages you to do anything that needs to be done immediately, then move the message out of your inbox. The most drastic method is called "The email bankruptcy method" and involves abandoning your email altogether.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment