I thought I would update you about the assessment project. At the moment, we are busily making preparations to give the assessment next week, although many of the final details are still being worked out.
At some point, I may be asking you to proctor a session, although I think that Marylou and I will be proctoring most of the sessions.
I am in the process of writing up some text that can be distributed to faculty (via email or otherwise) about the nature of the test and what we are asking them for. I will also be contacting many faculty members to individually ask for their support. I may also ask that you talk to any faculty that you normally chat with about the assessment. I will be providing more details about that as soon as possible.
In other assessment news, Marylou, Kim, Ellen Kintz and I have been working with some of the detailed surveys that Kim has done for the Anthropology classes and we are starting to articulate some interesting (although not surprising) results. For example, after a library intensive class many students report that they are more efficient at finding information but that they also realize the process will take longer than they originally thought.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment