Monday, September 18, 2006
For Reference Librarians - student training
I have been working with Tomoko at the reference desk over the past two weeks and I sense that she is having a difficult time readjusting to life in Geneseo, especially considering that most of her friends from past years have now graduated. Additionally, she told me that she is not feeling very confident in her research skills since she's been away from the reference desk for over a year now. She asked me if I had any exercises related to research problems, or even an orientation to the "new look" of Milne Library, that she could complete and refresh her skills. I gave her the standard student assistant training exercises, that she's seen before, and promised to dig up some other exercises for her. If you have anything useful in your arsenal of instructional guides/worksheets, I'm sure Tomoko would appreciate the extra practice. Thanks for considering!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment