Monday, September 18, 2006

'Missing' reserve material

In case you run into this in the future:

I had a student last night who was unable to find a reserves book. We looked at the record and the call number was 'PC 2 hour'. We looked a number of places but were unable to locate it.

I spoke with Mary Fran today and the 'PC' means 'Personal Copy'. This record had been put into the catalog so that we might be able to find it, but the book has been taken back by the faculty member and apparently we can not pull the record out.

2 comments:

Paul MacLean said...

I wonder if this was for a chemistry text book which I had a similar problem with earlier this semester.

My understanding is that Sheila was going to remove the record.

tlparadis said...

The book we were looking for was on organizational communication, so Sheila probably has withdrawn the record that you speak of. I will ask her if this one can be pulled as well. Thanks!